Rosalina is a character figure available in the 3rd wave of amiibo figures for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. It was released on February 1, 2015 in North America and is exclusive to Target stores in the United States.
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Hyrule Warriors
- Mario Party 10
- Mario Kart 8
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits
Rosalina is a tall woman, bearing a resemblance to Peach. However, Rosalina's skin is paler, her eyes are a lighter shade of blue, and her hair is a lighter blond than Peach's. She wears purple nail polish and has a large bang which obscures her right eye. Her brooch, crown, and earrings are star-shaped. The brooch and crown are silver, as are her high heels, while the earrings are yellow. Rosalina also wears a number of jewels, including a yellow jewel inside the brooch and crown jewels that are pink and turquoise. Her gown cuts off at the top of her chest, where a powder-blue flap loops around, and has long sleeves with wide openings at the bottom, which are topped with powder-blue frills. Rosalina also holds a silver wand with a golden star at the top.
Rosalina travels through space in a starship called the Comet Observatory. Motherly and protective of the many Lumas that she travels with, she guards the cosmos against any and all threats. Wielding a Star Wand and her signature blue dress, Rosalina always seems cool even in the face of danger.
- The Rosalina amiibo was originally going to be Target exclusive in Canada, just like the US. However, due to Target closing down all of their stores in Canada, Rosalina is available at any retailer that sells amiibo.
- Rosalina is currently the 10th best selling amiibo in Australia.
- An infamous individual going by the moniker "Mariotehplumber" has become notoriously recognized for spending $4,000 in buying and scalping 100 Rosalina Amiibo figures in bulk. In an interview he reasoned why he did this, and his reason was that he harbors an absolute resentment for Rosalina herself, bashing Nintendo for her creation, promotion, and inclusion in recent Mario games, heavily criticizing and disliking of her fanbase, and assuming her Amiibo figurine will be amongst the most popular, he bought 100 of her Amiibo figurine in order to make her fans unhappy by not letting them be able to get her Amiibo figurine. He goes on to say that he also has a strong dislike for other female Nintendo characters (Lucina, Palutena, Robin, and Zero Suit Samus), stating that he will be planning to buy a large quantity of those characters' Amiibo figurines due to saying that he has an additional $35,000 to spend on additional Amiibo figurines. Many have condemned his actions and his thoughts, although there has been some debate on the authenticity and intent of his actions.
- The amiibo box art says it's name is Rosalina, despite the fact that in Super Smash Bros. she is named Rosalina and Luma.