Super Mario Odyssey is the latest entry in the Super Mario series and takes a return to a sandbox approach like Super Mario 64 to explore levels inspired by real world locations. It will launch on the Nintendo Switch on Oct. 27, 2017.
- Any Mario amiibo: Use to gain temporary invincibility. Mario's invincibility just makes it so that he does not take damage, enemies are not automatically defeated and Mario reacts at though damaged.
- Any Princess Peach amiibo: Use to receive a life-up heart.
- Any Bowser amiibo: Use to reveal regional coin locations.
- The Super Mario cereal: Reveals a secret message.
The wedding amiibo were announced at E3 2017:
- Mario (Wedding Outfit): Tap with Uncle amiibo to unlock Mario's Wedding Outfit.
- Peach (Wedding Outfit): Tap with Uncle amiibo to unlock Peach's Wedding Dress.
- Bowser (Wedding Outfit): Tap with Uncle amiibo to unlock Bowser's Wedding Outfit.
|Classic Mario Suit and Cap||Mario:|
|Solid Gold Mario||Gold Mario (Super Mario)|
|Luigi Suit and Cap||Luigi:|
|Wario Suit and Cap||Wario:|
|Doctor Garb and Headgear||Dr. Mario|
|Waluigi Suit and Cap||Waluigi|
|Diddy Kong Suit and Hat||Diddy Kong:|
|Mario Wedding Suit and Cap||Mario (Wedding Outfit)|
|Bowser's Wedding Suit and Hat||Bowser (Wedding Outfit)|
|Bridal Veil and Dress||Peach (Wedding Outfit)|
Talk to Uncle amiibo when he is present in a level to have up to 3 amiibo search for Power Moon locations. Any amiibo will work with the Power Moon hint search, though Uncle amiibo doesn't know the names of some amiibo, he just refers to those as "lovely", "charming" and "mysterious" amiibo. Uncle amiibo can also unlock outfits for Mario with the appropriate amiibo (the wedding set).
To scan an amiibo, hold ▶⃝ on the - JoyCon or left on the d-pad to bring up the amiibo prompt, then tap to scan.
Field use of any amiibo without a specific role will simply give Mario a few coins.